Apr 16, 2009

Week 12- Read around Blog Posts #2

Getting another chance to read my peers blog responses I was inspired to find some very interesting concepts. I paid particular attention to blogs on Andrea Smith and LaDuke in regards to the strong sense of history I attained from the articles.

Reading these articles, the LaDuke in particular reinforced much of what we have talked about in class all semester. However, it is still difficult to hear just how badly industrial plants have destroyed the Mohawk people. Now that we understand the harm caused by PCBs, factories have to respect the land around them. In return, the Mohawk people can hopefully make a comeback by preserving their land and bodies.

I also specifically read responses about Qwo-Li Driskill and his collection of poems. Many of my classmates talked about how great of a class period it was when we got to write our own poetry based off of his work. I, too, felt that class was very inspirational. I enjoyed being able to hear the Qwo-Li's poetry out loud, as I felt I could create strong visions from his words. He is a very powerful person, and his poetry is filled with evident passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment